Saturday, 24 May 2014

Top 5 Lip Products This Spring



Spring is well underway and now I can trust the car won't be frozen each morning, I think it's time to start thinking about changing into a more spring/summer look. I think one of the easiest ways to noticably change your makeup is to change your lip colour.

I have put together my top 5: the lip products I have been grabbing most in the past few weeks. Clearly there is a trend here, all five are lip crayons! I just love them at the moment, plus I tend to go for darker lipsticks and lighter, brighter lip crayons.

From top to bottom in the picture:
First is Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry - This is like my own lip colour, yet making it a bit darker, which may not seem very spring-y, but it just adds a subtly extra to your lip colour, making them a slightly deeper pink. I love this, as it gives a great touch to my makeup making the whole appearance look like me, but better.

Cliniqye Chubby Stick in Curvy Candy - this is a pink that doesn't add a candy pink to your lips so you look like barbie, but adds a pink to your lips that makes them look fuller! But it is definitely a good shade for the sunshine, a great day look when you're opting for less-is-more, but with a gorgeous pink shade on your lips. Of course, you can layer on more to get more coverage, but I think this looks great with once, blot, reapply.

Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious - So, the past two products I have been saying they are more on the subtle side, yes? Well, this is the exact opposite! I mean, bright orange with slight red undertones. I absolutely love this product, I never thought I was very daring with my lip products, but Audacious is... its definitely in your face, look at my gorgeous lips territory. If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, then this may not be the product for you, yet I can't believe how bold it is... its great! It screams summer in the sun, definitely a must for summer home and away!

Clinique Chubby Stick in Oversized Orange - This is a more sublte orange, it adds colour to your lips, but it is more sheer and glossy. I like to have this in my bag to touch up on the go, as there is less mess if I paint outside the lines (please tell me its not just me that tends to have this mishap in a rush?) Its a great summer colour to have in your bag at all times.

Revlon Balm Stain in Rendezvous - This is like an amped up version of Oversized Orange, with am impressive colour considering it is not matte and looks like it should be quite sheer. I would class it as a happy medium if you want more than Oversized Orange, but don't think you're quite ready for Audacious. I find myself applying this when I want quite a bit of colour, but maybe full on orange lip is not necessary for just talking Chloe for a walk* or running around. I think it gives you that classy, effortless look.

I would definitely recommend indulging in some orange lip products this spring/summer, I wasn't sure I would wear them, but I can't get enough of them now. Start off simple if you're wary, or do like I did and apply you're first orange lip as Audacious at 7am for a day at uni, just because I could! Do what feels best, but definitely give it a try; go turn some heads!

What are your favourite lip products for this season?

*Some days I will go makeup less (... yes WAY) to walk Chloe, some days I will be in full makeup, bright orange Audacious lips, or in colder days MAC Russian Red, because why not!? But Rendezvous is my happy medium, perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...