Thursday, 22 May 2014

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Blemish Stick and The Body Shop Tea Tree Night Lotion


I will be brutally honest here and say that when I was a younger, I always thought once I grew up and got past eighteen that my skin would miraculously stop getting blemishes^. But, now, in my twenties I can say that this is not the case! 

I do not have problem skin, but any blemish on my face can seem like a problem when it appears. I have tried many different approaches to getting rid of them, from leaving them, to creams, gels, lotions, potions, willing them to go down, but they didn't all work for me. However, in my search to find something that works... I did! It is an ingredient that is well known for helping skin, but I have combined two products that seem to compliment each other like a dream. 

The Body Shop Blemish Fade Night Lotion, £9.00 - I absolutely adore this product, it has lasted me a long time and is still going strong. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin and unlike some products used to combat and prevent blemishes, it doesn't dry my skin. 
As the bottle suggests, I apply this at night,  after my moisturiser, using just one pump for the whole face. It sinks in very quickly and you can hardly tell you've applied it. Then it does it magic over night, reducing any blemishes and preventing them - which is no easy thing for this time of year for me, as exam season is upon us, and exams bring crazy stressed out me out to play, and this version of me gets break-outs (like I wasn't stressed enough)! But, having used this every night, that has not happened, not only am I not getting stress induced break-outs, I am getting less than I normally ever do. It's not just because of the Sun helping my skin, I have been using this product for months and my skin has improved so much, reducing those pesky blemishes to be few and far between! I cannot recommend this product enough, whether you are prone to breakouts all year round, just want to avoid the odd blemish, or just want to try it out over a crazy stressed out time, I would definitely recommend this! For £9.00 and it lasts a long time, what-on-earth is stopping you?

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Blemish Stick, £2.59 - This product is used after I have applied my Night Lotion. I apply it to areas that are looking a bit suspicious, as though my skin is warning me of a blemish, or if I have a blemish. I apply it at night, as my powder foundation goes on fine over it, but tends to stick to it a bit as the day goes on, which if you think about it, you probably want it to stay on a blemish longer, but I just opt for concealer or something else - call it personal preference crossed with finickity-ness. Yes, so I apply it at night and when I get up in the morning, there is often no need for concealer, my normal foundation will do the job, for the process of the blemish disappearing is well underway, and possible blemishes have changed their mind and disappeared altogether! For less than £3 this is a wonder product, well it would be a fabulous product if you stuck a 0 on the end of the price!!

Both of these put together cost less than £12 and will mean you wake up, look in the mirror and are so amazingly, happily, gleefully, 'WOW' surprised at the vast improvement. I would give this combination a whirl, especially as the summer is upon us and it is the season of lighter foundations, getting your makeup washed off in the pool and generally wanting to have clearer skin. Plus, the sizes of these products are perfect for packing in your holiday skin care, from the rules and regulations as I remember them, they can even go on the plane with you! So, take these two to keep your skin looking fab, so all you have to worry about is having the time of your life! 

Let me know if you've tried these products, or plan to. OR if you have any wonder products of your own we should all be giving a go? 



^I say blemish a lot, I mean anything such as spot, pimple, red thing that hasn't decided if its a spot or whatever the heck you want to call them - but I don't like the word 'spot' it makes me go 'urgh' - like 'ointment', again "urgh"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...