I don’t know about you, but I love wrapping gifts, be it with good ol’ fashioned wrapping paper or putting those awkward to wrap gifts in bags. Although, having expressed my rekindled love of crafting in a previous post, I thought I would add a little crafty touch to wrapping gifts this year. I am going to start with a super simple, but I think really cute, idea for bags.
I bought some brown paper bags from Amazon (I think I bought about 50-100, so I am set for quite a while - and lots of trial and error) and thought I would add my own design to them. The first design is simply a way to decorate the handle of the bag. I think it makes such a difference and I love the fact that it makes it all glittery and I think is all that is needed to make the gift look all festive!
All you need is
- a paper bag
- a hole puncher
- glittery paper (or any paper you wish to use)
To design your gift bag:
- Use the hole puncher to make lots of little circles of glittery card by punching holes in selected card. (Top Tip: make sure you either remove the bit that collects the punched out bits of paper, or at least empty this bit before you start).
- Collect punched parts of card.
- Glue to the handle of the card in any way, shape or form you fancy!
- Admire glittery gift bag!
I will try and post a few more ideas in the next few weeks. I hope you liked my first installment into festive gift wrapping; I would love to know your best ways to wrap gifts to add that personal touch!